Wednesday, June 29, 2011
One Night Scandal by Christie Kelley
This is an historical (1818) adult romance book.
The main characters are illegitimate matchmaker Sophie Reynard and Marquess of Ancroft Nicholas Tenbury. Sophie has matched all of her friends to there loves but is now wondering if she will ever find her match. While on vacation, in Venice, a man saves her from drowning when she fell into the canal. After a night of passion she find out that he isn't an Italian like she first assumed but an Englishman who doesn't only live in London (like her) but also turns out to be her best friend's cousin and in love with another woman!
Nicholas wakes up from a night of passion to find the woman missing but a earring left in the bed. After returning home he soon finds out who the mystery woman was. After another romantic encounter, he's convinced that he wants to have a relationship with Sophie but finds his hands full with trying to convince her. Sophie thinks he isn't her match because of their statuses. How could he be her match when she's nothing in the eyes of society? Throw in Nicholas' no good conniving seriously ill father who wants Nicholas to marry someone with a good line before he dies or Nicholas wont be in his will, some friends who think that they make a good match, the fact that Sophie can't tell her own or Nicholas' match, a surprise, a mystery and determined Nicholas, and you have a great story.
I really enjoyed reading this book. The writing was a little different and Sophie's stubbornness in how she isn't right for Nicholas is a little tiresome as it seems to come back to that over and over again. But overall it was a great story and I would recommend it to people who are into the one night stand type stories and/or historical romances. The steamy parts were very well written. Over all I'd give it a 4 out of 5 .
Saturday, June 4, 2011
1. a large store bought latch hook. Haven't worked on it for a while but the only days that I do work on it would be on nights that I spend at my grandma's (Fridays and some other days when I've got to work in the mornings)
2. book reviews. Will post them on here and on goodreads shortly.
3. postcards- quilted and hand done ones to send to friends for fun.
4. scrapbook pages
5. cleaning up house/room
6. Christmas cards. I have many ideas and will be hopefully posting them on here when I'm done with a couple of designs.
7. starburst wrapper things. I found some today so I started to fold them and then searched on google to see what could be made out of them (so tired of making chains). Found that someone made a prom dress out of them and it took them 6 years. All I could think was WOW.
This is all that's going on at this moment. When more things pop up I will share them. When I'm done with one on the list I will take them off or just make a post on my updates and update the list as I go.
Anyone else have projects going on and what are they?