Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Lent

Do you give something up for Lent? Or do you do something extra?

I decided to give stuff up for Lent. Meaning, this year, I decided to give up more than one item. I gave up chocolates/sweets, fast food (going out to eat for lunch, frozen meals, etc.), AND the purchasing of books/ebooks, reading of ebooks, checking out of books/ebooks. The last one is so that I am trying to force myself into reading the thousands of books in my room that I have not read yet so that I can get rid of them.

I am also trying to do something extra. I try to check up on people, make positive comments to people, finish projects, etc.

So far I think that I'm doing pretty good. I'm missing pizza and some chocolates now and then but overall it's not as bad as I thought it would be.

What did you give up or doing extra? If you don't celebrate Lent, then what do you do instead?

No comments:

Post a Comment