I have tried this recipe before and really enjoyed it. This time I made a few changes. I found this recipe in the Trim The Fat with Alpine Lace Cheeses.
1 3/4 cups fat free sour cream (used regular, not fat free)
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1/3 cup minced cilantro (put a little pinch in because one family member doesn't like cilantro)
1 tablespoon minced fresh jalapeno chili pepper (left out)
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon vegetable oil (left out)
12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3 X 1-inch strips
1 teaspoon minced garlic (left out)
8 flour tortillas (8 inch)
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Alpine Lace reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese (used any kind of cheese)
1 cup bottled chunky salsa (medium or hot)
1 small ripe tomato, chopped (left out)
sprigs of cilantro (optional) (left out)
1. preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 13 X 9 X 3-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the sour cream, green onions, cilantro, jalapeno pepper and cumin.
3. Spray a large nonstick skillet with the cooking spray, pour in the oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and garlic and saute for 4 minutes or until the juices run clear when the chicken is pierced with a fork. (this time around I did it on a forman grill instead of the pan with garlic. I tried it step 3's way the last time and enjoyed it more.)
4. divide the chicken strips among the 8 tortillas, placing them down the center of the tortillas. Top with the sour cream mixture, then roll them up and place them, seam side down, in the baking dish.
5. Sprinkle with the cheese, cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Spoon the salsa in a strip down the center and sprinkle the salsa with the tomato. Garnish with the sprigs of cilantro, if you wish. Serve hot!
makes 8 servings
I made a packet of spanish rice to go with it and made a good dinner. Tastes good and will be doing this recipe again.