Friday, December 3, 2010

Realization and questions

The night before last I came to a realization. To share this realization I'm going to have to talk a little bit more about my past.

So I graduated with my Bachelors degree in May and since then I've gained all my weight back. I seem to have completely thrown out all of my hard work. I don't exercise, I am not eating right and I've actually gotten to the point of not even eating meals. I'm eating chocolate and candy all the time.

And just out of the blue I came to the realization that I'm not respecting my body and that in turn has brought me to realize that in not respecting my body I have no respect for myself. Me and my body. We are one and I'm totally abusing my body by not exercising or eating healthy.

I then tortured my coworker (Sorry Adam!) with talking to him about it. Mind you, I am a female, I started out on one subject and then jumped around. And I was talking to a male. . I guess it wasn't such a good idea but Adam was awesome and listened. And provided support. For that I thank you Adam.

From our conversation and my realization, I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to start respecting my body and myself again. I'm going to work through a lot and I'm going to hopefully post on here instead of torturing my coworkers.

The only real question that I've been asking myself is, where do I start? Should I start with my body or with myself?

Today I started with my body. I've had oatmeal for breakfast and an orange for a snack. I am now going to have lunch which will consist of a salad with leftover turkey. I'm going to take small steps and hopefully work my way through this.

Thanks for reading/listening to this. I'm planning on posting more on here and hope to have more support from friends.

Now, LUNCH!

-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment